Modern – Bag ties
Finds from Wirral
While nowhere near as old as some of our finds this is still interesting. It is a lead seal for a bag of bone manure fertiliser.
Procter and Ryland were a manufacturer of bone meal fertiliser situated on the edge of the River Dee at Saltney just outside Chester.
A chemical works had been operating on the site from as early as 1843 and the business was taken over by Procter and Ryland who had moved from Birmingham to Saltney in 1856.
The business was again taken over in 1894 by Edward Webb and Sons who had came from Stourbridge
Interested in finding out more about what we do then get in touch – Contact